Tuesday 11 May 2010

11th May 2010 - part one

The Arthur Robertson

Sneaky Coffee-ers: Anna, Viv, Danni, Jane, Amanda, James (Amanda's 18 month old son)
Served by: Nice chap - asked his name as we visit so regularly. He is called Paul.
Bought: Various coffees - we had two each! I had two black coffees, one large and one small. (Or regular as the menu would have it!)
Cost: Well - the first coffee was free!!! This was thanks to the loyalty card which gives you every 6th drink for free! The second was bought by Jane (thanks!)
Cafe: We got our sofas
Busy: We regularly go immediately after shopping on a Tuesday morning. The earlier we arrive the quieter it tends to be. Today we arrived about 10.45am and it was filling up a bit. Thankfully it is getting busier generally as we would hate it to close due to poor business.

And? I came away with mega caffeine jitters! Two coffees in close succession is not good for a girl who only has de-caff at home (that's probably another post!). Also (and excitingly) I was able to have 'milk' today as I had spotted, on the lowest shelves of Tesco's coffee aisle, a box of ten 'jiggers' of milk which isn't milk if you see what I mean. I bought a box and siphoned two jiggers into my handbag at the checkout only to find, when my precious and kind friend Danni arrived, that she had also spotted the product and bought a box for me! I now can have eighteen more coffee's out without it having to be black! Maybe even a fortnights worth!

As always, with this fine group of friends, conversation was abundant, entertaining and uplifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment