Sunday 30 May 2010

30th May 2010

Simon graduated 25 years ago and last night there was a reunion meal and pub crawl around St Albans to celebrate. Given the 'pub crawl' aspect of the evening we decided to stay in a hotel for the night, leave the children with his Mum and thus we had a child free 24 hours together! Wooo hooo!!!!

After breakfast this morning the sun was shining on this pretty little cathedral town and after strolling around for a bit I insisted on a coffee! After all he is my husband and I ought to share my favourite pastime with him on occasion!

Bellaccino's, French Row, St Albans
Sneaky Coffee-ers: Anna and Simon
Served by: a waitress!!! Unusual but lovely!
Bought: An americano and a de-caff cappuccino
Cost: The bill was $4.35 or somthing but we left a fiver as the service was prompt and friendly
Cafe: We sat outside as it was sunny and mild. The inside was buzzing - it's obviously a popular place (and I chose it because they spelled 'Espresso' correctly on their signage. I get frustrated with the inaccurate 'Expresso' seen regularly.)
Position: The cafe was on a narrow pedestrian street and our table on the opposite side of the street. It was fun to 'people watch' (or in Simon's case Dog watch as the couple sitting opposite had a beautiful black labarador - his favourite type of dog). The cafe played music of which we heard agreeable snatches. Then a bag pipe player walked by, then a small but very talented group of Christian singers began to sing fantastic worship songs! It was almost like being at church - but with nice coffee!
And? It was lovely all round. I had bought a paper which we both flicked through. We found lots of nice things to chat about. We enjoyed our temporary childless state and remarked how much childlessness is wasted on the childless! As we left the bill came with two very small bars of chocolate - the packaging on which proclaimed them to be 'Useless bit of chocolate'! This made us both smile!

I love my husband SO much. He drives me slightly demented from time to time but I know I am an extremely blessed lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment