Friday 21 May 2010

21st May 2010

I think the Friday morning breakfast with Danni is going to become a fixture. We both enjoy it so much and it costs relatively little in terms of time or money. Today is, as far as I am concerned, the first 'proper' spring day we have had. The sun has shone before now, the air has been warm... but today to two coincided and I deemed it not only a sandals day, but also a shorts day!!!!

Danni was in a hurry this morning and almost cancelled.... but she didn't. We just ate, drank and left without the usual following hour of chat! (Mental note - make sure that I allow twice as long next week!)

The Arthur Robertson
Sneaky coffee-ers: Anna and Danni
Bought: A cappuccino and pain au chocolat for Danni, an Americano and bacon sandwich for Anna
Cost: Danni paid!
We sat: NOT at our usual table but at table 55 which was near the open front entrance of the pub (over looking the bus stops!) but far enough from the actual 'patio' area which was full of smokers. We got to see and feel the sunshine - a bit.
Food: They put butter in my bacon sandwich (after expressly requesting that they didn't) which added calories. I don't understand why bacon sandwiches need butter. Mayonnaise maybe but not butter!

And? Lovely as ever. I also took along my 'effervescent energy boost vitamin supplement' tablet with me which I fizzed into a glass of (free) water. Somehow this added to my enjoyment!

1 comment: