Friday 7 May 2010

7th May 2010

The Arthur Roberston - again!

I stayed up all night watching the general election results as they arose... I was very tired and coming down with a cold. A 7.30 text inviting me for a child-free breakfast time coffee under the excuse of essential shopping! What is a girl to do?!

Sneaky coffee-ers: Danni and Anna
Bought: A black coffee and bacon sandwich and a cappucino and pain au chocolat
Cost: £1.49 each
Served by: New guy? Didn't recognise him. Polite and helpful (and he accidentally gave me a large coffee instead of the small I ordered. I didn't point this out as I figured it would cost the pub more to pour away the large one and replace it with a regular).
Position: We got our (yes - our!) sofas
Food: Divine! And such good value. We may make it regular Friday thing.

And? The nicest sneaky coffee for so long. The coffee was ok, the food was great but Danni and I had such great conversation and felt so relaxed and ready to face the day when we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment